Once upon a time there was a child ready to be born.
从前,一个孩子就要诞生到人世。
One day the little child asked God,
一天,这个小孩问上帝:
"They tell me you are sending me to earth tomorrow, but how am I going to live there being so small and helpless?"
“他们告诉我,你明天就要把我送到人间去,但我这么小,这么无助,到了那儿我要怎么生活啊?”
God answered him,
上帝回答他说:
"Among the many angels, I have chosen one for you.
“天堂里有很多天使,我挑选了一个给你。
She will be waiting for you and will take care of you."
她会在那里一直等着你、照顾你。”
"But tell me what I am going to do?”Asked the child,
“请你告诉我,到了人间我该做些什么呢?”孩子问,
"Here in Heaven, I don't do anything else but sing and smile, which is enough for me to be happy."
“但是在天堂里,我每天除了歌唱和欢笑,其他什么事也不做, 因为这样我就非常快乐了,”
"Your angel will sing for you and will also smile for you every day.
“你的天使会每天为你歌唱,还会每天对你微笑。
And you will feel your angel's love and be happy." God reassured him.
你会感觉到她对你的爱,那样你就会快乐了。”上帝安慰他说。
"And how am I going to be able to understand when people talk to me, if I don't know the language that men talk?"
“那要是人们对我说话,我怎么才能听懂呢?我不懂人类的语言啊。”
"Your angel will tell you the most beautiful and sweet words you will ever hear, and with much patience and care, your angel will teach you how to speak."
“你的天使会对你说一些你所听过的最美丽、最亲切的话语,而且她会非常耐心仔细地教你说话。”
"And what am I going to do when I want to talk to you, Lord?"
“可是主啊,当我想和您说话时,我该怎么办呢?”
"Your angel will place your hands together and will teach you how to pray."
“你的天使会把你的双手合在一起,教你如何祷告。”
"I've heard that on earth there are bad men. Who will protect me?"
“我听说人间有恶人,谁来保护我呢?”
"Your angel will defend you even if it means risking its life."
“你的天使会保护你,即使这意味着牺牲她自己的生命。”
At that moment there was much peace in Heaven, but voices from earth could already be heard,
在那一刻,天堂里一片静谧,但来自人间的声音已依稀可闻,
and the child in a hurry asked softly,
孩子赶紧轻声问上帝:
"Oh God, if I am about to leave now, please tell me my angel's name."
“上帝啊,如果我现在就要离开,请告诉我这位天使的名字吧。”
"You will call your angel Mother."
“你可以叫她妈妈。”
reassure [?ri?r]
v. 使安心;使消除疑虑
例:They tried to reassure her, but she still felt anxious.
他们试图安慰她,但她仍感到焦虑。
patience [?pens]
n. 耐心;忍耐力
例:Without their knowledge and infinite patience, this story would not have happened.
没有他们的学识和无限的耐心,这个故事就不会发生。
pray [pre?]
v. 祈祷;祷告
例:We prayed that she would recover from her illness.
我们祈祷她能恢复健康。
defend [dfend]
v. 保护;保卫
例:When a citizen joins the military, he or she takes an oath to defend the country.
一个公民参军时,会宣誓要保护这个国家。
risk [r?sk]
v. 冒着……的危险(做);担着……的风险
例:He risked life and limb to get the cat down from the tree.
他冒着生命危险把猫从树上弄下来。
来源:莫然博客,欢迎分享本文!